This Facilitator's Manual is aimed at anyone who is designing or facilitating an advocacy workshop, including people who do not necessarily have much experience either as trainers or as advocates. Part One of the Manual contains information on how to design, plan and run a workshop, with some tips on methodologies. Part Two contains individual session plans with detailed instructions on how to conduct each session. This guide is designed to be used together with the complementary Participant’s Manual.
Objectives of the training:
• gain a deeper understanding, and develop a working definition, of experience and evidence-based advocacy as it applies to children’s needs and rights.
• understand the basic elements of advocacy, its role in Save the Children, and how it is integrated into programme work to achieve real and lasting results for children.
• learn a set of steps to plan for strategic advocacy and begin to develop an advocacy plan related to your work.
• strengthen personal relationships with fellow advocates, learning from each other’s experience, and working towards building a community of advocacy practitioners.
• develop a plan to share this workshop’s learning with colleagues, allies and constituents