Save the Children, Better Care Network, UNICEF, ENDA-Youth Action, International Social Services (West and Central Africa), African Movement of Working Children and Youth (AMWCY) RAPPECAN Senegal, SOS Children's Villages International, Terre des Hommes, World Vision International is organizing a Conference on the Strengthening of Family and alternative care in the French-speaking sub-Saharan Africa 10-11 May 2012, at the Hotel Savana Dakar, Senegal .
This conference is an opportunity to mobilize the key players:
- Promote international guidelines for the alternative care of children , dissemination, and adoption and implementation in the region;
- Ensure that the situation of children deprived of appropriate care in Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa is made more visible;
- Share experiences, examples of good practices and lessons learned in support services focus on strengthening the family in the region;
- Identify the specific nature of the questions for benefits throughout the region and priority needs to address them;
- Launch a platform of strengthening family and alternative care for Francophone sub-Saharan Africa and identify opportunities for further exchanges of information, coordination and collaboration among key players in child protection in Francophone and Lusophone countries.
Specifically, this conference will build on the recommendations of recent regional and international conferences on strengthening families and alternative care and pave the way for the development of concrete plans to adopt and implement guidelines international in all francophone countries in SSA.
Read more on the conference here.