Ratified International Conventions:
- Child rights conventions reservation on article number ( 21 ) ( 14 )
- Optional protocol to the convention on the rights of the children the involvement of children armed conflict ( 2002 )
- Optional protocol to the convention on the rights of the children on the sale of the children , children prostitutions and children pornography ( year 2002 )
- Convention concerning the prohibition and immediate action for elimination of the worst forms of child labour ( convention C 183 )
- Convention concerning minimum age for admission to employment ( convention C 138 )
- African Charter for the Rights and Welfare of the Child 1999
- African Charter on Human and People’s Rights 1986
- Convention Governing the Specific Aspects of refugees in Africa 1974
- League of Arab States, Arab Charter on Human Rights 2008
- National Laws for Children (please list in bullet form and reference where these documents are available)
- Egypt adopted a special code, “the Child Law” (1996),amended by Law No 126,2008 .
- Recently Egypt adopted a special law for combating human trafficking
National strategies and policies for implementation of child rights and child protection
- National strategy for street children
- National strategy for child labour
- National strategy for combating violence against Children
Budget for implementation of UNCRC
No special budget is yet allocated for the implementation of UNCRC .
Independent Institution for Children (ombudsperson)
There is no Ombudsperson system in Egypt . We have only Child Help line supported by the National Council for childhood and Motherhood.