Ratified International Conventions
- Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) without reservation (1991)
- The Optional Protocol on the involvement of children in armed conflict in 2003;
- The International Labour Organization (ILO) Convention No.° 182 (1999) concerning the Prohibition and Immediate Action for the Elimination of the Worst Forms of Child Labour in 2001;
- The Convention Against Transnational Organized Crime in 2006;
- The Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons, Especially Women and Children, supplementing the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime in 2006;
- The Protocol Against the Smuggling of Migrants by Land, Sea and Air, supplementing the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime in 2006.
- Convention on Economic , Social and Cultural Rights
- Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Racial Discrimination
- Convention on the Rights of persons with Disabilities
- The African Committee of Expert on the Rights and Welfare of the Child.
National Laws for Children
- The Constitution
- The Law of the Child Act, 2009
- The Persons with Disabilities Act, 2010
- The Employment and Labour Relations Act, 2004;
- The Employment Act, 2005 of Zanzibar;
- The Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act, 2008;
National strategies and policies for implementation of child rights and child protection
- Child Development Policy, ( 1996) Revised in 2008
- The Plan of Action for the Prevention of Violence against Women and Children (2001-2015);
- The National Strategy for the Elimination of Child Labour (2005- 2010)
- The establishment of the Tanzania Police Female Network on violence against women and children.
- National Plan of Action for Most Vulnerable Children
Independent Institution for Children (ombudsperson)
- Commission for Human Rights and Good Governance has Children’s Desk in each zone( Dar-es-Salaam, Zanzibar, Mwanza and Lindi)
- Child Development Department under the Ministry of Community Development Gender and Children.